1. Teams at the top of the NBA tend to have much better close out ability
average or below teams. If a top 10 team goes up against a lower ranked team
PR (Power Ranking) difference of 10 or more, they are typically the safest
2. Conversely average/below-average teams (even if they are against an
team) are still capable of falling apart. The trigger occurs at a peak in
probabilities. Watch the game and wait for odds that are more profitable
3. Power Rankings are good not great. If a star player is out (see #6) or a certain
team is on a big win streak, chances are that won't be reflected in the PR.
We've added some extra stats to help you make this evaluation (L10, how the
team plays when they are home vs away). It's left to you to make the mental
adjustments to keep these factors into account
4. Don't use the probabilities outside of the threshold. It's been well
and everything else really hasn't. 76%, 66% are not meaningful signals in
strategy. Our recommendation is 83%. Once it hits 83 it's a BQ endorsed bet
it dips below later) although keeps these 10 things in mind. If you'd like
construct your own around them try it out, it seriously might work. We just
5. The 3rd quarter always has big swings. If a model fires, the odds may
there later on, you don't have to take it right away. Keep an eye on that
when the odds look good go for it. Let it play out as much as you can.
Pre-Game: Check if a star player is out before making a bet. It will affect the accuracy of the power rankings
In-game injuries. You can use the Yahoo Sports app to track tweets about
game. If you want to be extra cautious, check those to see if there are any
injuries. They're pretty rare though so use that info how you will.
7. Latency. Yes BallQuant is a bit behind. However that shouldn't cramp your
When a game is greenlit you may not want to take it instantly anyway. Watch
probabilities in the app, and pick your moment. Timing is everything and
you can take a good return to a great one.
8. Last 5 Minutes. BQ DOES NOT update probabilities in the last 5 minutes of
the game or in OT
9. What betting site should I use? Pinnacle has the best odds but can be
on mobile, if you're planning on betting on the go, bet365 has the best
experience. They're both only accessible via a browser but if you use chrome
phone you can pin them to your screen so that they act just like an app you
click on. There's a guide at the bottom of this email for how exactly to do
10. Have fun and make some money folks
1. Ensure you have clicked allow notifications when prompted (if not follow
2. Navigate to the site in the Google Chrome app
3. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner
4. Select "Add to Home Screen"